Tuesday, June 25, 2013

apparently people read this

So, I guess I've kind of let the blogging fall by the wayside in favour of everything else. I feel like I should write a day by day update of what's happened since the last blog post, but that was more then a month a go and if I'm being honest, I don't want to. 

Currently I am 'alone' in Australia as Mardee flew back to the homeland on the 18th of June. On the 12th of June I flew to Melbourne by myself and spend the week there. Melbourne was an amazing city. Mardee kept telling me I would love it, but I didn't have any expectations upon arrival. The art in the city is thrown in your face, it just feels alive. I spent a week wandering through museums, exhibits, through lane-ways, and to monuments. For the week I stayed in a hostel named Home at the Mansion, which also made my time in the  city that much better. Google it. The building was an old Salvation Army building with a lot of the original architectural detail, and the crowd there was more my speed. Not a bunch of 18 year old backpackers drunk on cheap boxed wine, but more long-stayers that were a little older, a little more educated, and working in the city.

The pictures posted on here backwards, but a couple of things I did/visited in the city:
- Museum of Melbourne
- ACMI Museum and Costume Exhibit
- Hunted for amazing graffiti
- Shrine of Remembrance
- Federation Square
- Danced all Night at a club with some Brits
- Had various beers at various pubs
- Wandered the shops on Brunswick Street in the Fitzroy District
- Made friends with a bunch of Frenchies and regretted my extremely limited language skills

From Melbourne I flew to Alice Springs on Wednesday the 19th and that's a whole other post and pictures in itself. 

I'll elaborate in the next post, but I went on a 3 day/ 2 night tour of Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (The Ulgas), and Kings Canyon. I'm now on a bus headed north through the outback, stopping to see things on the way with my final detonation being Darwin. 

- Sabrina, Sab, Bina, Wood

*written on 24/6, published when I have wifi


No comments:

Post a Comment